Who I am?
Life-long learner, father of 4, owner of 2.5 acre micro-farm, Senior Manager leading Data and Analytics at Cisco, and believes simplicity is just more time in disguise.
Why I do this?
To structure my thinking and provide resources for myself, my family, and people in my generation striving to become better learners, more disciplined, and lead with more appreciation.
Why should you read this?
You will eventually get results (if you take action). I have been asked to document habits, routines, tools, and perspectives that continue to help me think, do, and live.
I know others have achieved more than me on any given aspect of life, but I try to maintain balanced results. I learned from my 94 year old grandfather (also an engineer, had 6 kids, WWII veteran, and most successful person I know). Life is a marathon. Lead with appreciation, patience, and service.
• My last 10 years of life include the following results:
• Receiving engineering degree from top rank university (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)
• Landed multiple jobs at fortune 100 companies (Cisco, Accenture, Caterpillar)
• Got married to my best friend
• Bought 2.5 acre of bare land, turned into a micro-farm (30 fruit trees, 20 grape vines, chickens, turkeys)
• Had 4 kids.
• +-5% same body fat since college (depends on season).
• 3x income and 25x net-worth.
• Increase % of donations each year.
• Realized the more I learn, the less I know.
• The more I give, the more I receive.